Thesis retrospective 01
Previous Lines of enquiry
- What is the tension I experience when I interact with cgi software as a stop motion animator?
- Is the tension one of material culture?
- Is the tension one of cultural values and beliefs?
- Is the tension one of materiality?
- Is the tension one of haptic and tactile feedback ?
- Is the tension one of peripheral device design?
- Is the tension one of interface design?
- Is the tension one of interaction Design?
- Is it something else? – (interactive feedback-internal modelling loop) it could be argued that the tension is one of updating internal models of a ‘world’, when in uncertain conditions with complex information that requires better feedback mechanisms (access to the stuff itself), interface design and control when designing for a stop motion animator).
- What is Animation? Should I establish an historical context ? (Emerging technologies and my Personal history)
- What is practice-based/led methodology? How is this different from a theoreticians perspective? (Practitioner ‘insider’ research.. to answer, What does my research have to do with animation? )
- What is it I do when I do animation?
- What is happening when I interact with space, time and materials in Contemporary 3D Animation practice? (Small scale models in the mind,and the Interaction between materials/spaces/tools and Control in the studio/natural spaces, Reenacting recalling retelling the memory of production)
- Can practice-led/based research be better acquired and disseminated?
- What is my ontology, epistemology and methodology? (Quantum Physics/ unified Theory, Fine Art/Design Research, Experiential Knowing, Action Research, Spiral methodology)
- What is the role of HE today? What is the future of animation andragogy?
- VR (Immersion) Narrative (storytelling from within constructed worlds – Hero’s story/artists journey)
- What is the story of the Middle Eastern conflict?
- Is there a solution to climate change?
- Is mental ill-health escalating?
- Is there life after death?
- Are we alone in the universe?
- VR Narrative and Periphery Device Design Experimentation
- Can human-computer interaction be naturalised, and if it can, should it be? (Naturalising HCI)Utopian design – design ethics and the Power of software design)