The development process has been delayed due to the client other commitments and so during this time I have looked at App Development business models, Intellectual Property Law and Monetisation.
My blog posts are slightly out of synch with the course due to this delay however, I can now give a project update as I prepare to cover the remaining course content and develop my first prototype in time for the new project deadline.
So far I have:
- submitting my proposal to the client and having had this accepted
- I delivered a formal contract.
- I have met with the client and presented a paper prototype to gain initial feedback.
- I have conducted some usability tests.
The Project milestones have been shifted to accommodate for the client delay and the Trello project management boards are in the process of being updated.
The project delivery date is now March 2019.
I have encountered a number of challenges during this project. I have learned that it is important to
have a project management schedule that is flexible and able to accommodate unforeseen changes. I understand that flexibility is necessary when working with others who have shifting work pressures and responsibilities.
Early on in this process, I found it challenging to secure a clearly defined brief. When I did, I found that the client is not always able to understand the app development process. I am feeding this experience into how I handle my initial contact with the client so as to not overwhelm them with detail but provide what is necessary to secure a firm foundation for a project.
I will do this by reducing the text in my proposal and provide clear images and diagrams which explain what the client can expect and how the relationship will work. It is not uncommon to work on many projects simultaneously in the creative field and so flexibility, along with good communication, is key.