Qualitiative – why and how to fix a problem
Quantitative – what
Quantified self movement – Beautiful quantitative data
Research – Case Study
Reporting your results
Analyse your results – communicate this to the client.
– Avoid false signals
– Be honest and open with the client
– Make the best product possible.
Example: How casual are casual games? E.Geelhoed 2017
- What is casual gaming? Short, quick, simple rules, 74% female…
- Types of causal games match thre puzzlers, simulations, snowball games, platform/jump/sonic hedgehog, quick shooters/catch, card games …. etc
- Disproportionate pleasing feedback
- Slot Machines
- Candy Crush
Illusion of control
- A short time out in between tasks or social networking activities
- Switch Off
- Fill empty time
- Target Audience Females of 30 years old.
The survey was
- May be able to do some segmentation
- difference between designers and consumers
- gender differences
- low budget study – different people from different parts of society.
- 55 Participants
- 23 3rd year games students (4 female 19 male)
- 9 young mums from Redruth
- 19 first year events management students (17 females, 2 males)
- 4 older men
- Top 3 favourite mobile games : Likes and dislikes
- 13 Graphic Ratings Scale Questionnaire
- How much do you enjoy the look and feel of a short game? scale not at all ________ Very