Profile: Sarra AKA “The Equalizer”.
- Coded ZX Spectrum at the age of 10.
- Adapted Lotus 1-2-3 as a rudimentary in the age of IBM mainframe systems.
- Successful Business & Finance Manager with a specialism in Profit & Loss Control and contract law.
- Hyper-realistic portrait Artist (20 years)
- 1st Class Illustration Degree from Coventry University.
- Multi Award Winning Animator -Awarded D&AD student Yellow Pencil for Film Craft Animation.
- 10 years as a freelance creative director and producer – Mobbswood Studios Coventry.
- Creative Studio Manager and lead model maker on a British Animation Awarded BAFTA and Annecy nominated Animation
- Discovered projection mapping in 2007 while conducting research as an Artist-Animator.
- 4 years PhD Research in 3Ds Max & Heuristic thinking in Contemporary 3D Animation practice & theory.
- Lecturer at Universities across the midlands, designing course modules, tutoring animation students and assessing work promoting interdisciplinarity and equality in creative practice
- Delivered research papers at the University of Southern California, L.A USA, The Royal College of Art, London and The Birmingham Institute of Art & Design.
- Is a women of a certain age, Mother of Two adults who is far too old to put up with a lot of sh*t she’s heard before.
(lecturer info removed from image profile)
Objective: To smash the patriarchy, one d**k at a time (but she’s not a jerk about it).
Linked In: Sarra Hornby
Academia.Edu :Sarra Hornby