I am currently focusing on global experience design studios based in the U.K. and America.
I am interested in understanding the projects that they produce as well as the tools, materials, skills and resources they use to produce them.
Because my portfolios are broad and very varied I am focusing on my strengths while developing my weaknesses which form the basis of my SMART goals for this course.
I am examining job specifications so that I can tailor my portfolio to these requirements. At the moment I would say that my project management skills are strong as well as my front end development which includes being able to break down a brief, ideat and create original concepts as well as conduct thorough and extensive research.
Looking through a game development lens is particularly helpful in identifying where my Skillset can be easily extended or modified to extend to app development and experience design.
For example, although I haven’t worked in the app development industry, I have found the app prototyping process to be similar to the storyboarding and scriptwriting process used to produce animation in the animation industry.
I don’t think about other job applicants as ‘competitors’ in the traditional sense but I have a healthy habit of being fully prepared when applying for a particular role within a company.
I have identied 3 Examples :
- Holovis International
- Olafur Eliasson
5 Career SMART Goals.
- So that I can work in an experience design team I need to present my Skillset clearly and effectively. I will do this by publishing my experience design portfolio online at www.Human9.com by April 2019.
- So I can work in an experience design team, I need to present my strengths effectively. I will do this my providing examples of my project management skills, my ideation and conceptualisation, technical print, motion and interaction design skills. I will write a personal statement which I will include in an interactive pdf. This will be produced using indesign and will be linked to relevant pages on my web portfolios. I will do this by June 2019.
- So that I can work in an experience design team, I need to continually improve my skillset. I will do this conducting an honest evaluation of my skills and identify my weaknesses. I will do this by reflecting on my 5 current practice SMART goals which are C#, Unity, CG Modelling, User Testing and XR Research.
- So that I can work in an experience design team, I need to keep up to date with industry projects. I will do this by connecting to active, professional and respected Linked In and Twitter profiles. I will do this by February 2019.
- So that I can work in an experience design team, I need to keep up to date with industry research and development. I will do this by connecting to researchers in the field and joining mail groups so that I remain informed. I will do this by February 2019.